“The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Dr. Seuss
I am a clinical psychologist licensed in the state of California (PSY 27894). I have over ten years of experience in providing long- and short-term psychotherapy. I work with adult (men and women) individuals, couples, and groups.
I hold a doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Palo Alto University and an MA in Developmental Psychology from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. My approach to therapy is eclectic and personalized. My extensive studies and training in both psychodynamic/psychoanalytic psychotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy enable me to tailor the specific treatment for each unique complaint, personality, and circumstances. I base my work with couples primarily on my advanced training in Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples; I am also a certified group psychotherapist (CGP).
Throughout my training as a psychologist, I worked with patients diverse in terms of age, ethnicity, socio-economic status, and sexual orientation. I trained at a wide variety of environments, including community mental health programs, school-based programs, a residential rehab for men suffering from alcohol and drug addiction, an Intensive Outpatient unit for high-risk patients, and a developmental unit at a pediatric hospital.
My special interests include relationship issues, couples therapy, depression, anxiety, trauma, parental dilemmas, career concerns, cultural/ immigration questions, addiction to alcohol and substances, grief, and loss. I am fluent in English and Hebrew and provide therapy in both languages.
I have trained in the following sites:
- Adult Rehabilitation Center, Salvation Army, San Jose, CA
- Bell Hume Center, Intensive Outpatient Program, Fremont, CA
- Bell Hume Center, Alameda County Child and Youth Services, Fremont, CA
- The Transitional Program, Palo Alto, CA
- Kurt and Barbara Gronowski, General Clinic and Assessment Clinic, Los Altos, CA
- Drom Hasharon School District Psychological Services, Givat Haim, Israel
- Kfar Saba School District Psychological Services, Kfar Saba, Israel
- Pediatric Neurology Unit, Ichilov Children Hospital, Tel Aviv, Israel